Suh Wins Fan Vote On NFL.com/rookies
Detroit Lions DT Ndamukong Suh is the 2010 Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year, Pepsi and the National Football League announced today. In the nine years of the award, Suh is the first defensive player to be voted Pepsi Rookie of the Year.
Suh led the Lions, NFL rookies and all defensive tackles with 10.0 sacks and recorded 66 tackles, three passes defensed, one forced fumble, one interception and one fumble returned for a touchdown. Suh became the second rookie defensive tackle in NFL history to record 10.0 sacks. He also was the only rookie in the NFL to record a sack, an interception and a fumble return for a touchdown this season. He was selected to the 2011 NFC Pro Bowl team as a starter. Suh, who attended the University of Nebraska, was nominated for four Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week awards, winning once.
Suh one of five finalists for the honor. The other finalists were St. Louis Rams QB Sam Bradford, Cleveland Browns CB Joe Haden, New England Patriots CB Devin McCourty & Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Mike Williams.
The five finalists were selected for their outstanding performances throughout the 2010 NFL season. Each week, five nominees were chosen for the Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week and NFL fans voted for the winner on NFL.com. Those results were used to help determine the finalists.
This is Pepsi’s ninth year as the official soft drink sponsor of the NFL and the ninth year that Pepsi will present the NFL Rookie of the Week and NFL Rookie of the Year awards.
Below are the winners of the 2010 PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE WEEK awards:
2010 PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE WEEK
- Wk 1: Chiefs WR-PR Dexter McCluster (Mississippi)
- Wk 2: Lions RB Jahvid Best (California)
- Wk 3: Chiefs TE Tony Moeaki (Iowa)
- Wk 4: Rams QB Sam Bradford (Oklahoma)
- Wk 5: Cardinals QB Max Hall (BYU)
- Wk 6: Saints RB Chris Ivory (Tiffin)
- Wk 7: Cowboys WR-KR Dez Bryant (Oklahoma State)
- Wk 8: Lions DT Ndamukong Suh (Nebraska)
- Wk 9: Raiders WR Jacoby Ford (Clemson)
- Wk 10: Broncos QB Tim Tebow (Florida)
- Wk 11: Cowboys PR Bryan McCann (Southern Methodist)
- Wk 12: Rams QB Sam Bradford (Oklahoma)
- Wk 13: Cowboys LB Sean Lee (Penn State)
- Wk 14: Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski (Arizona)
- Wk 15: Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez (Florida)
- Wk 16: Broncos QB Tim Tebow (Florida)
- Wk 17: Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski (Arizona)
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read our FAQ page at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php
Five Filters featured article: Collateral Damage – WikiLeaks In The Crosshairs.